It is customary to include some pure metal additives and oxide additives. Ferroalloys are generally used as deoxidizers: to remove oxygen in molten steel during steelmaking. Some ferroalloys can also remove other impurities in steel such as sulfur and nitrogen. Alloy additives: According to the composition requirements of steel types, alloy elements are added to the steel to improve the performance of the steel. Inoculant: It is added into molten iron before casting to improve the crystal structure of castings.
The main element of ferroalloy generally has a higher melting point, or its oxide is difficult to reduce, and it is difficult to smelt pure metal. If it is together with iron, it is easier to reduce and smelt. Ferroalloys are used in iron and steel smelting, where iron content is not only harmless, but also beneficial because it is easy to melt in molten steel. Therefore, most of the deoxidation and alloy addition in the steelmaking production process are added in the form of iron alloy. Ferroalloys are generally very brittle and cannot be used as metal materials.
Uses of Ferroalloys:
Ferroalloy is one of the important raw materials indispensable for the steel industry and mechanical casting industry. With the continuous and rapid development of my country's steel industry, the variety and quality of steel continue to expand, and higher requirements are placed on ferroalloy products.
(1) Used as a deoxidizer. The binding strength of various elements in molten steel to oxygen, that is, the deoxidizing ability, from weak to strong is as follows: chromium, manganese, carbon, silicon, vanadium, titanium, boron, aluminum, zirconium, calcium. In general, iron alloys composed of silicon, manganese, aluminum and calcium are commonly used for steelmaking deoxidation.
(2) Used as an alloying agent. The elements or alloys used to adjust the chemical composition of steel to alloy steel are called alloying agents. Commonly used alloying elements are silicon, manganese, chromium, molybdenum, vanadium, titanium, tungsten, cobalt, boron, niobium, etc.
(3) Used as an inoculant for casting crystal nuclei. In order to change the solidification conditions, some iron alloys are usually added as crystal nuclei before pouring to form the crystal grain center, so that the formed graphite becomes finely dispersed and the crystal grains are refined, thereby improving the performance of the casting.
(4) Used as a reducing agent. Ferrosilicon can be used as a reducing agent for the production of ferro-molybdenum, ferro-vanadium and other ferrous alloys. Silicon-chromium alloy and silico-manganese alloy can be used as reducing agents for refining low-carbon ferrochrome and low-carbon ferromanganese respectively.
(5) Other uses. In the non-ferrous metallurgy and chemical industries, ferroalloys are also used more and more widely.
Henan Shengchi New Material Technology Co., Ltd. is established on Apr 2004 at Anyang City,Henan Provice China
Mainly handling Rare Earth metal, Minor Metal,Tungsten Products, Ferro Alloy,
Silicon Carbide, Cokes and Anthracite Coal.
Our main market is for China, Korea,Japan,Vietnam, USA,Europe, Mexico, India...etc