Why remove the oxygen in steel? The hazards of oxygen in steel are mainly manifested in the following three aspects.
1. Produce inclusions. When molten steel is solidified, the excess oxygen in it combines with other elements in the steel to form non-metallic inclusions, which destroys the continuity of the steel matrix and reduces the strength limit, impact toughness, elongation and other mechanical properties and magnetic permeability of the steel. Performance, welding performance, etc.
2. Form bubbles. If the oxygen content in the molten steel is too high, it will react with the carbon in the steel again during the casting process to produce CO gas, which will cause the steel ingot (slab) to produce pores, looseness, and even rise defects. In severe cases, the ingot and billet will be scrapped.
3. It will also exacerbate the harm of sulfur. Oxygen can reduce the solubility of sulfur in steel, aggravate the harmful effects of sulfur, and make the hot brittleness of steel more serious.
1. The alloy products composed of manganese, silicon, aluminum, and calcium have a low melting point, and quickly melt into molten steel after being put into use, and achieve full deoxidation effect after rapid dispersion.
2. The product contains abundant CaO components. After the product is put into molten steel, in addition to the deoxidation and desulfurization effects of CaO itself, it can also quickly form an alkaline environment to improve the deoxidation capacity of silicon and aluminum.
3. The product contains a proper amount of Mn, which is beneficial to the improvement of the deoxidizing ability of silicon and aluminum in the product.
4. Fixing Ca in the form of an alloy can prolong the contact time between Ca and molten steel, increase the contact area, and give full play to its deoxidation and desulfurization capabilities.
5. Adding an appropriate amount of aluminum not only enhances the deoxidizing capacity of the product, further purifies the molten steel, but also saves the amount of aluminum wire and saves the cost of steel per ton.
6. After the product is smelted at high temperature, the content of S, P, and C in the product itself is extremely low, which will not have any adverse effects on molten steel.
7. The deoxygenated product has a low density and can rise quickly to facilitate discharge.
Anyang Shengchi Metallurgy provides a variety of composite deoxidizers, such as ferrosilicon, silicon aluminum calcium, silicon aluminum barium, silicon aluminum barium calcium and other composite deoxidizers, and some deoxidizers of unit deoxidizers have good effects, less impurity components, and will not cause damage after adding The molten steel produces too much impurity depth, which is a high-quality choice for the steelmaking industry. If you need a deoxidizer for steelmaking, please follow our official website www.scferroalloy.com or contact us directly